Getting the HTML form data in the email inbox will be a very convenient way to collect user responses very quickly. Except, when you have hundreds of responses per day! Here are the methods you have to get the HTML form data in your email inbox.
One quick and simple method is to use the
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org in the
Using a Formmail Script
A formmail script is a server side script that gathers the data submitted in the form and mails it to a given email address.
There are many formmail scripts available.(See the page Form mail script selection guide for details)
The following section describes how to use a form mail script Suppose the URL to the formmail script provided to you is http//someserver/cgi-bin/formmail.pl
give this URL in the
action attribute of your
<form action="http://someserver/cgi-bin/formmail.pl" method="post"> .....your input elements..... </form>
Now you can give whatever input elements you want within the form tags.
There are some information that you should provide to the CGI program (like the email address to which the form-data should be sent) provide these data as hidden fields in the form (using )
Insert the Submit button.
Over! you are ready with your form.
- How to make a web form and get it online quickly.
- More information on form-mail scripts
- A simple email form sample code
- How to make a web form and get it online quickly
- Using the window.close method
- Using the window.open method
- How to get the value of a form element : Drop downs and lists
- How to get the value of a form element : check box and radio button